PFLAG SCC invites you to join us for
Coffee & Conversation
On June 13th at 7PM
Peace United Church of Christ
900 High Street, Santa Cruz, 95060
An Invitation to all Parents, Guardians and Friends of Santa Cruz County Queer Youth!!
Come march with other parents and adult allies as part of PFLAG Santa Cruz County in the Pride 2017 Parade!!
Santa Cruz Pride is on Sunday June 4, 2017
Meet us at Pacific and Cathcart in downtown Santa Cruz at 10:30 am
- Support your child by being in the parade. (You won’t embarrass them too much, as we’re walking as a separate group.)
- Meet other parents and supportive adults of queer youth in a casual and festive atmosphere.
PFLAG is continuing our new meeting format for the next few months. Instead of our formal meeting, with support group and program, we are going informal—coffee and conversation. We are hoping that this will be more welcoming and will allow us to more fully meet the needs of parents and other members of the LGBTQ community.
You will notice that our logo is the same but the acronym for PFLAG has a new meaning: Parents, Families, LGBTQ, & Allies Group — PFLAG.
Our new mission statement:
PFLAG SCC believes that our purpose is:
- Support for families, allies, and people who are LGBTQ;
- Education for ourselves and others about the unique issues and challenges facing
people who are LGBTQ;
- Advocacy in our community to change attitudes and create policies and laws that
achieve full equality for people who are LGBTQ.
We welcome your support and participation. We hope to see you soon
Reminder: It is time to renew your membership for the 2017 year!
If you can’t make it to the meeting, checks can be sent to:
P.O. Box 251
Santa Cruz, CA 95062-0251
• $30 Individual, $40 Household,
• $15 Student,
• $75 Inst./Organization
Help support your local PFLAG!