PFLAG Santa Cruz County is proud to announce the Tuesday, July 9th meeting will feature The Diversity Center
Tuesday, July 9th, 2013
7:00 – 9:00 pm
First Congregational Church of Santa Cruz
900 High Street, Santa Cruz, 95060
Please join families from around Santa Cruz County as they come together to learn about the Diversity Center and the many important programs they offer to the Santa Cruz County community. Discussion to follow. All welcome!
The first hour of the PFLAG Santa Cruz County (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians & Gays) meeting is dedicated to discussion groups followed by a brief break. The second hour is dedicated to our July program.
The Diversity Center will be sharing about their extensive programming in Santa Cruz County so that parents and the community at-large can access these important programs. Some of the programs offered by the Diversity Center include:
- Santa Cruz LGBTIQ Pride: Produces the annual Santa Cruz LGBT Pride Festival and downtown Pride March. Pride is the largest LGBT gathering in the county.
- Conexiones: The Latino/a program is committed to further expanding the Diversity Center’s accessibility, inclusivity, and outreach to the LGBT Latina/o and Spanish speaking community.
- Triangle Speakers: An LGBT educational speaker’s bureau that works to eliminate the fear, prejudice, and hatred of individuals that are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and their allies.
- Youth Program/STRANGE: A safe space for queer youth and allies to meet and socialize. Program co-run by SCCCC.
- Transgender Program: The Diversity Center offers people who find themselves somewhere on the transgender spectrum a place to meet others, access transgender resources, and explore the possibilities in a respectful and caring environment.
- Senior Program/60 Plus: Holds monthly socials for seniors, performs out-reach to mainstream service providers and needs assessment survey for the LGBT senior community.
- Center Art Gallery: The Diversity Center is proud to feature local LGBTIQ and LGBTIQ-friendly artists at the Diversity Center Art Gallery located at 1117 Soquel Ave.
- Rainbow Veterans of Santa Cruz County: Providing advocacy, recognition, education, support and resources for LGBT active duty personnel, veterans, their partners, family and friends.
- GLBT Business and Professional Mixer: Join us for a great evening of food, beverages, and networking with other GLBT Business and Professionals.
- Resource Directory: Online Resource Directory of people, businesses, and organizations serving the LGBT community of Santa Cruz County.
- Community Center and Library: A place to relax, find community resources and borrow books from their lending library
- “Night at the Museum” Casino Night 2013: Oct. 5, 2013: Save the date!
The Diversity Center guest speakers will be available to answer questions.
About the Diversity Center
The Diversity Center is dedicated to enhancing lives and promoting fairness for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) people in Santa Cruz County. Our vision is a healthy, vibrant, and diverse LGBTQ community in Santa Cruz County that is free from fear, hatred, and prejudice.
The Diversity Center is the only LGBTQ Community Center on the Central Coast of California. The Diversity Center produces the 3rd oldest Pride celebration in California and the largest free gathering on the Central Coast.
The Diversity Center serves the larger community through events and has specific programming for teens, seniors and the transgender community. Additionally we have our Triangle Speakers program, which is an educational speaker’s bureau that works to eliminate the fear, prejudice and hatred of LGBTQ individuals and their allies.
For more information about The Diversity Center, please visit www.diversitycenter.org or contact (831) 425-5422.
Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) of Santa Cruz County meets the second Tuesday of every month from 7-9 pm at First Congregational Church of Santa Cruz at 900 High Street in Santa Cruz.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, www.pflagscc.org, or call (831) 427-4016